“OSHA/ANSI no.15: Safety Tape on Panel" is located within the Georgia Tech Police headquarters, 965 Hemphill Avenue NW.
“OSHA/ANSI no. 15: Safety Tape on Panel” presents a series of 71 multi-colored panels depicting safety tape patterns, which snake around the building’s brightly lit lobby walls. The vivid pop of colors and patterns create an inviting atmosphere that also highlights the Office of Sustainability, Facilities, and Safety’s commitment to ensuring safety in workspaces and activities across the Institute.
The installation utilizes six different safety tape patterns representing six different hazards:
- Yellow/Black - PH (Physical Hazards)
- Red/White - FPPE (Fire Prevention & Protection Equipment)
- Green/White - SFA (Safety & First Aid)
- Blue/White - DM (Defective Machinery)
- Pink/Yellow - RH (Radiation Hazard)
- Black/White - HAM (Housekeeping & Aisle Marking)
Photograph of installation by Mike Jensen; photograph of CP Dean courtesy of the artist.