Saturday, April 21, 2018 - 8:00pm
Dance, music, robots, and a drone! This unique evening of work at the innovative intersection of science, engineering, art, and design (SEAD) celebrates and reflects on the impact of technology in our lives with a line-up of intriguing dance and music performances, and experience stations for audience participation.
- Catie Cuan and RAD Lab in the dance and robot piece Time to Compile. Georgia Tech alumna Amy LaViers is director of RAD Lab at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Scrap Performance Group in the dance and drone piece Ghosts and Other Guests
- Musician and technologist Robbie Lynn Hunsinger in Duet with Arduino Drummer, a multimedia presentation with a robotic drummer.
Before the show, the audience can participate in several installations in the Ferst Center lobby:
- Constellation by Robbie Lynn Hunsinger
- MarimbaPix by Robbie Lynn Hunsinger -
- SoundCage by Georgia Tech students Ryan Rose and Avneesh Surwate
This performance is made possible with support from the Georgia Tech Arts Advisory Board and Arts@Tech donors, and to Myra Bazell of Scrap Performance Group for volunteering her time for this project.